Simple Will Planner
5 Easy Steps.
1. Work out the Value of your estate.
Make a list of everything you own minus anything you owe.
2. Decide who you'd like to benefit.
Gifts to your children, family & friends or gifts to your chosen charities.
3. Chose your executors.
Someone you trust to carry out your instructions after your death. (Can also be a beneficiary)
4. Chose Guardians for dependent children.
5. Make a list of any questions you have.
Consider if you have any special requirements. For instance you may need to create a trust in your will or exclude somebody from you will.
How Do I Start?
Most wills follow the same basic format.
1. Testator's name and address.
2. Revocation Clause.
3. Appointment of Executors/Trustees.
4. Appointment of Guardians (for minor children).
5. Burial Wishes.
6. Gifts of chattels, personal items & specific sums of money.
7. Trusts of home/property (if required).
8. Residue of estate to spouse, (substitute children, others).
9. Attestation Clause.
SIMPLE WILL PLANNER
Prepare for the next step by completing this simple checklist.
click here to download printable version.
Your name & address.
Your partners name & address (if different)
Your Executors (names & addresses.)
Your Children's names & addresses.
Name & Address % Share Specific Amount (£) Specific Item.